2012 Guidelines for the Port Society’s Ladies Branch Scholarships
The Ladies’ Branch of the New Bedford Port Society
Educational Scholarship Application
2012 Guidelines for Scholarships (Undergraduate Programs Only)
All requirements must be documented in order to be eligible for consideration.
- Show Financial Need. (Include a summary of the size of your family residing at home, number currently enrolled in college, any significant financial circumstances. Greatest consideration is based on financial need.)
- Provide a recent copy of Transcript of Grades
- Must be a resident of New Bedford, Dartmouth, Westport, Fairhaven, Acushnet, Mattapoisett, Marion or Rochester prior to attending undergraduate program.
- Meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Document family ties to the sea
- Acceptance letter from a Maritime Academy
- Major in Marine Science
- Submit a typed or neatly handwritten educational resume containing no less than 100 words describing your future intentions, areas of study and where you have been accepted.
- Applications must be postmarked no later than April 6, 2012 and must be mailed directly to:
The Community Foundation of Southeastern Massachusetts
Attn: Ladies Branch Scholarship Application
63 Union Street
New Bedford, MA 02740
♦ A change in the disbursement of scholarship money was implemented last year. All monies will be disbursed to students in good standing with their second semester tuition payment.
Applicants may reapply yearly meeting the above criteria to be eligible for consideration.
Any inquiries can be made directly to email@example.com.
By-Laws state: The object of Our Corporation shall be to provide financial assistance for the education of needy and deserving students giving first consideration to families of descendants of seamen. Our policy has been to consider only applications of students from the Greater New Bedford area.Return to Port Society Website or News